Accounting Supervisor - Gardiner, Maine
The individual in the position of Accounting Supervisor performs (and supervises the completion of) professional accounting activities for specialized and complex areas requiring an advanced level of professional knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices. Manages the resources of assigned areas to accomplish goals and objectives and supervises other departmental staff and professionals for work of considerable difficulty.
Assists in ensuring compliance with internal accounting policies, generally accepted accounting principles, and state and federal regulations as applicable.
3.Plans, directs, organizes and schedules the activities of one or more specialized accounting functions.
4.Assists with the development and maintenance of the job cost management system.
5. Develops ad-hoc financial reports and analysis as directed by the Controller and as required by Senior Management.
6. Maintains accounting practices in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
7. Ensures that all accounting activities and functions are met within set time frames.
8. Assists with the management of the year end corporate review.
9. Develops and improves accounting practices and internal control processes. Maintains documentation of accounting policies, systems and procedures.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a regular PC workstation. Lifting requirements include periodically lifting up to 10 lbs., (normal office materials and paperwork).
Maine Drilling & Blasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)