Staff Accountant - Gardiner, ME
This professional individual works closely with the Controller and other members of the Accounting Department in providing accounting support for job cost, financial, as well as inventory transactions and reporting. Activities require an understanding of GAAP and application of accounting principles and practices. This individual has the ability to work independently and also to work as part of a collaborative team, and able to multi-task in a fast paced office environment.
1. Provides specialized or general calculations and analysis support in various accounting functions utilizing advanced knowledge and proficiency in accounting practices, principles and interrelationships for both management and outside agencies as required.
2. Supports the month-end close process and assists with the preparation of various financial statements and statistical reports for management meetings;
3. Assists with job cost analysis and monthly work-in-process schedule preparation.
4. Assists with the monthly reconcilement of Company inventories, gaining an understanding of related inventory systems and interacting with other Company personnel as necessary.
5. Performs periodic reconciliation of other selected general ledger accounts, researches and resolves routine exceptions independently.
6. Updates and maintains the fixed asset program and fixed assets sub-ledger and generates monthly depreciation entries.
7. Updates and maintains equipment and vehicle data for job costing and reporting.
8. Reviews general ledger activity details on a monthly basis, detecting abnormalities and/or areas requiring further investigation;
9. Establishes or revises procedures or operating policies of assigned function; participates in the development and implementation of new or revised accounting systems.
10. Reviews accounting and reporting systems, procedures and completed assignments of other staff members as appropriate to ensure compliance with established principles or practices.
11. Provides technical advice and services to other staff members with problems, complex issues or special projects.
12. Assists with the coordination of annual audits/reviews, including preparing audit/review schedules of assigned accounts and consolidated schedules.
13. Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the achievement of Company goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
14. Conforms to acceptable standards of conduct as expressed in the Employee Handbook;
15. Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed;
Must be able to sit for long periods of time at a regular PC workstation. Lifting requirements include periodically lifting up to 10 lbs. (normal office materials, and paperwork).